Posts tagged droid does
Over the last few weeks there have been a lot of rumors about another new Droid ready to join Verizon’s lineup, the Droid DNA by HTC. And like the most recent new Droids, the Motorola RAZR MAXX and RAZR MAXX HD, this guy looks to be an absolute beast.
Now all we know is that this guy will be called the Droid DNA, and this comes thanks to some promoted tweets from Verizon Wireless’ official Twitter account teasing a big announcement set for this Tuesday. These Verizon tweets also lead to a Droid Does site that yesterday mentioned “unboxing the new Droid DNA” (they have since changed it to just “unboxing the new Droid”).
Of course, what the rumors say about this phone line up perfectly with one other Verizon teaser tweet that this new Droid will “better, stronger, faster.” How much “bigger, stronger and faster?” Well the latest rumors say this beast will have an insane 5 inch full 1080p HD screen (think of this like a bigger, even better version of the iPhone 5′s Retina Display. Basically, this will make anything and everything you do look ridiculous), a 1.5 GHZ quad-core processor with 2 GB of RAM (for speed), 8 megapixel back camera with a 2 megapixel camera on the front for HD video chat, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, and of course, built-in Beats Audio and 4G LTE. This looks to be going right up against the Galaxy Note 2 for the title of best super-sized Android phone on Verizon.
No word on a price or release date (rumors are that it will be out before Thanksgiving possibly for $200 on a new 2 year contract), but we’ll hopefully know all that very soon.
Looking for a new Droid but want something with the power of the Droid X2, keyboard of the Droid 2 and front camera of the Droid Incredible 2? Then this latest version of the original Droid line is for you.
Today Verizon and Motorola released the Droid 3, the third generation of the original Motorola Droid released two years ago that really put Android on the map. And this new Droid 3 definitely looks to live up to the Droid name. As we wrote above, think of it as a best of the best of some of the latest 3G Droids– the Droid X2, Droid Incredible 2, and Droid 2. Here are the full specs:
- 4 inch high-res qHD screen– Basically this is one of the best screens on any Droid yet and should make everything you view on it look great. The screen is also made of what’s known as Gorilla Glass, or a really strong glass that should help keep your screen scratch free (a major plus in our opinion).
- Slide-out full QWERTY keyboard– It wouldn’t be a new Droid without it.
- 1 GHZ Dual Core Processor– So it’s just as fast as the recently released, blazing fast Droid X2. Everything on here should run fast and smooth just like its supposed to.
- 8 megapixel back camera with 1080p HD video recording and second, front camera for video chat– Just like the Droid Incredible 2. Pictures and videos on here should also come out great (the back camera even has face recognition!).
- Latest and greatest Android 2.3 Gingerbread– With Swype keyboard pre-loaded for when you don’t want to use the slide-out keyboard.
- 16 GB of built-in storage– With the ability to add another 32 GB through microSD which makes this perfect for storing all your music, videos and pictures.
Sadly the Droid 3 isn’t a 4G phone (we’re gonna have to wait for the Droid Bionic for that), but if you’re looking for a top of the line 3G Droid you can pick this up now for $199 with new 2 year contract and data plan from Verizon (and again, if you’re upgrading you can still keep your unlimited data with this).