Posts tagged motorola droid
Waiting for more info on Verizon and Motorola’s next big Droid before tomorrow’s big event? Well then we think you’re gonna love this. What you see above is the first official pic of the upcoming Droid RAZR– and wow does it look incredible. The picture– which has not surprisingly now been taken down– was taken today from Motorola’s teaser site for tomorrow’s event. And while we still don’t know the exact specs we know we can now expect a phone that’s crazy thin (it’s a RAZR after all), has a large screen, a front camera for video chat with a back camera capable of taking 1080p full HD video (meaning it’s most likely an 8 megapixel camera), and has support for Verizon’s blazing fast 4G LTE network.
In short, if you’re looking for a new Verizon phone anytime soon you’re definitely gonna wanna check back here tomorrow for everything you’re gonna want and need to know about this beast. Stay tuned!
Looking for a new Droid but want something with the power of the Droid X2, keyboard of the Droid 2 and front camera of the Droid Incredible 2? Then this latest version of the original Droid line is for you.
Today Verizon and Motorola released the Droid 3, the third generation of the original Motorola Droid released two years ago that really put Android on the map. And this new Droid 3 definitely looks to live up to the Droid name. As we wrote above, think of it as a best of the best of some of the latest 3G Droids– the Droid X2, Droid Incredible 2, and Droid 2. Here are the full specs:
- 4 inch high-res qHD screen– Basically this is one of the best screens on any Droid yet and should make everything you view on it look great. The screen is also made of what’s known as Gorilla Glass, or a really strong glass that should help keep your screen scratch free (a major plus in our opinion).
- Slide-out full QWERTY keyboard– It wouldn’t be a new Droid without it.
- 1 GHZ Dual Core Processor– So it’s just as fast as the recently released, blazing fast Droid X2. Everything on here should run fast and smooth just like its supposed to.
- 8 megapixel back camera with 1080p HD video recording and second, front camera for video chat– Just like the Droid Incredible 2. Pictures and videos on here should also come out great (the back camera even has face recognition!).
- Latest and greatest Android 2.3 Gingerbread– With Swype keyboard pre-loaded for when you don’t want to use the slide-out keyboard.
- 16 GB of built-in storage– With the ability to add another 32 GB through microSD which makes this perfect for storing all your music, videos and pictures.
Sadly the Droid 3 isn’t a 4G phone (we’re gonna have to wait for the Droid Bionic for that), but if you’re looking for a top of the line 3G Droid you can pick this up now for $199 with new 2 year contract and data plan from Verizon (and again, if you’re upgrading you can still keep your unlimited data with this).
It’s been a long time coming for all you Droid owners out there, but Verizon and Motorola have finally begun the roll out of the long awaited (and much delayed) Android 2.1 update. A source discovered the new software when purchasing the phone from Verizon just yesterday, and so it is only a matter of time till all current Droid owners get the update as well.
Just a recap of what to expect in this update– multi-touch support in the browser and Google Maps (about time! And works really well from the brief time I tried it out. Zooming in and out was fast and smooth just like it should be), the News and Weather widgets as seen on the Nexus One, active wallpapers, as well as support for Google Goggles visual search. Unfortunately, other features like the new 3D app tray introduced in 2.1 didn’t make it over here but hey, multi-touch!
Watch out because here comes the Droid
Verizon users, today is your lucky day. Verizon , Google and Motorola have officially announced that one of the sickest phones of the year is coming to you– and very soon. Yup, the Droid is officially coming to Verizon, and brings some new Android 2.0 awesomeness that should make more companies than Apple a little nervous.
If you’ve been watching any TV over the last few days (or any of the amazing Yanks-Angels series), you’ve probably been seeing the above commercial pretty often. This Motorola/Verizon commercial seems to be poking a lot of fun at what the iPhone lacks: a keyboard, a 5 megapixel camera, flash, multitasking, customization, widgets, and removable battery.
This all done in a very iPhone-like ad, the black text on white background and with chilled, fun music in the background. Though the end of the commercial says little of what their new device, the Droid, does or even looks like, other than that you should look forward to November. Well, if you don’t want to wait that long to learn about this exciting new phone, we have all the info and pix right here, and Verizon users– this one’s definitely for you.