New Touchscreen Phones coming to T-Mobile?
As Sprint, Verizon and AT&T continue to grew their touchscreen phone offerings, T-Mobile looks to jump in and make a BIG splash. What we talking about? Hit the More link to find out.
These are two rumors, but if they pan out they will be pretty HUGE.
1. Samsung T919
- All touchscreen
- 5 (yes 5) megapixel camera
- T-Mobile 3G– about time, T-Mobile 3G is rumored to come to large cities across the country on October 1.
- Video Ringtone support– Not sure what this is, but definitely sounds cool.
- Micro SD card slot with up to 16 GB support
- Ability to stream video– I assume this is a T-Mobile video service that is like AT&T Cellular Video, V-Cast Video for Verizon, and Sprint’s video service.
- GPS WITH speaking commands– example “Turn Right on ____ Street”
- Possible WiFi and Front Camera for Video Calling– Hope its the real 2 way video calling and not 1 way like AT&T’s, its about time the US gets this feature.
- Aluminum Back
Not sure on price or when this will come out (it is still a rumor after all), but you gotta hand it to T-Mobile if this is true- this is a SICK phone.
Samsung T919 (Pic from Boy Genius Report via Tmonews.com)
2. HTC Dream
- First phone in the US to run Google’s Android mobile OS– A OS similar to Apple’s iPhone, but will be available on more phones (touchscreen and not touchscreen), and have features like a real Web Browser, App Store, YouTube, Google Maps- with Google’s Street View, Mp3 and Video player and much more.
- Sidekick like design WITH a Touchscreen– Screen slides up to reveal a full computer like keyboard (similar to Sidekick series).
- T-Mobile 3G
- 5×3 inch Touchscreen with Haptic Feedback– basically a BIG screen with little vibrations let off when you touch something on it.
HTC Dream? (Pic via Engadget Mobile)
Like the Samsung T919, not much else like price, release date- rumors are it will be Fall of this year- or even full specs are out yet, but this also looks to be another solid phone for T-Mobile.
There you have it, some new phones to look forward to coming from T-Mobile (hopefully). We’ll keep you updated on these phones as more info comes out, but which of the two would you take- or would you rather have an iPhone 3G, LG Dare or Samsung Instinct. Let us know in the comments.
Posted on August 17, 2008, in Cell Phones, Rumors and tagged att, Cell Phones, dare, htc, htc dream, iPhone, iphone 3g, LG Dare, Rumors, samsung, samsung instinct, Sprint, t-mobile, technology, touchscreen, verizon. Bookmark the permalink. 26 Comments.