Sony’s P Series Announced
Just in case you missed it, here are some exciting features of the P Series:
- The P Series will be the lightest netbook around, tipping the scales at about 1.4 pounds! Oh, and it fits into a regular mailing envelope– take that MacBook Air!
- The LED backlit screen has a 1,600 x 768 resolution, which is one of the best out there for netooks and just stunning.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- A battery that boasts 4 hours of work time, which could be 8 if you decide to go with the optional high capacity battery.
- Just in case, it also comes with built-in GPS 😉
- A one touch button for access to Sony’s Xross Media Bar interface for your movies and music and internet browsing, which you can start up without going into full Windows (this is known as a “instant on OS”, as your computer goes on in much quicker time than it would to load the regular OS).
Just a small note, this netbook will not include a trackpad but instead have a small track ball in the middle of the keyboard which can be used like a mouse.
The P Series will ship sometime in early February in the very creative colors of garnet red, emerald green, onyx black, crystal white and black hues for $900 and up (way too much for a netbook in my mind– heck, you could get 2 fairly decent netbooks for the price of one of these things!), depending on your specs.
So do you think it was worth the wait? Let your voice be heard in the comments.
Info and pix from Engadget.com