2 Exciting New Phones Coming to T-Mobile
So that new rumored G2 we mentioned a couple weeks back wasn’t good enough for you T-Mobile users, not exactly what you were looking for. Don’t worry, that’s ok, and just for you we got so really cool new info on what could be 2 AMAZING phones for T-Mobile in 2009.
Ok, so one of the phones we got here is expected to come out very, very soon- a near guarantee to come to T-Mobile. The other right now is just a really cool rumor that we hope will come true soon.
Let’s start with the “guarantee”- and boy is this phone sick. The phone is called the Samsung Memoir, and it really is loaded. Just check out the features:
- 8 Megapixel Camera– Yes, this thing has an 8 MEGAPIXEL CAMERA (like the one you find on most regular digital cameras).
- 16x Digital Zoom, Auto Focus and Flash for camera– Yup, this thing really looks to be a do it all camera and phone, and do both really well.
- All touchscreen design– Think of this as a similar design to the already launched Samsung Behold, just with that awesome 8 megapixel camera, and no weird earpiece at the top of the phone.
- T-Mobile 3G– Pretty much a must at this point.
- Full Web Browser– So you can view the “real internet” on this insane camera/phone
Unfortunately we don’t know much more in terms of price, exact release- and even all the exact features. What we do know is this should be coming to T-Mobile really soon, possibly (hopefully 🙂 ) by February 25.
Now let’s turn our focus to the more heavily rumored phone, and you may really wanna listen up for this one. This phone is an update to the T-Mobile Sidekick LX, a phone very cleverly named T-Mobile Sidekick LX 2009. Like the Memoir this phone is loaded with new features, beyond the awesome, popular Sidekick design and keyboard.
- Thin design, with large, high resolution 3.2 inch screen– This is definitely cool. Not only does this Sidekick look significantly thinner then previous Sidekicks (and we mean MUCH thinner), but it is loaded with a HUGE screen (a drop smaller than the iPhone) but with a resolution of 854 x 480. Now what in the world does that resolution mean to you? Well, let’s just say this should be one of the clearest and best screens you’ll see this year (by comparison, it’s got a better resolution than the iPhone, meaning everything on the phone — from pix and videos, to using the Web, to viewing text messages — will be awesome!).
- Built-in MySpace, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube apps– Pretty much everything you’d need to be always connected to whatever social network you want.
- T-Mobile 3G– Finally! A Sidekick with 3G!
- 3.2 Megapixel camera with Flash and Video recording– All you’d need to upload some decent pix to your social network site 😉
- GPS with Turn by Turn directions– This thing will tell exactly how to get to wherever you want to go!
- Micro-SD card slot with room for up to 8 GB– Honestly, we’d love to see some built in memory for storing things like pix and videos, or at least a higher amount to add through Micro-SD, but at least you got a solid option if you want to ditch your iPod and make this your everything device.
- Full Keyboard– Wouldn’t be a Sidekick without it.
So not bad, T-Mobile, not bad at all. Unfortunately, this isn’t confirmed by T-Mobile, and actually this info came from a survey T-Mobile was running- so we can’t tell you if this is even something real, let alone a price or release (though it definitely looks real from the pix and the info 🙂 – let’s hope it is).
Sidekick LX 2009
So what you think: any of these devices you see getting yourself in the future? Rather wait and go for a device like the G2, or soon-to-be-released Blackberry Curve 8900 instead? Want to just pick up a phone T-Mobile is actually selling now like the G1, Samsung Behold or Sidekick LX or regular Sidekick? Something different entirely? Let us know in the comments!