Verizon Introduces 4 New Incredible 4G LTE Phones– All the Info You Need to Know
Verizon users– AT&T’s 4G announcement get you down? Can’t wait any longer to find out about YOUR 4G phones, on the speedy Verizon 4G network (which offers incredible speeds of 5-12 Mbps! Like the speed of the internet in your house just everywhere!)? Don’t worry, Verizon’s got you covered, today announcing 4 new true 4G LTE phone. What you waiting for? Read on!
It was rumored, wished for, expected— and now it’s finally official. Sure it’s not fully up to those rumored dream specs from earlier in the week (don’t even know of any phone that could live up to that), but it definitely still is impressive. Specs:
- 4.3 inch Super LCD screen— Basically, an awesome screen.
- 8 megapixel back camera with HD video recording with front facing 1.3 megapixel camera for video chat–Just like the EVO 4G. And while the 1.3 megapixel isn’t as insane as that dream rumor of 5 megapixel for the front, it’s still pretty impressive and should offer some solid video chat of its own.
- Android 2.2 with HTC Sense 2.0— As seen on the Inspire 4G for AT&T, and offering a whole bunch of improvements mainly that tracking service in case you lost your phone through HTCSense.com
- Skype mobile with video chat— We know the iPhone couldn’t be the only mobile Skype video chat app, and here Verizon and Skype are bringing it in an update on their exclusive Skype Mobile agreement (no word yet on how this affects other Android phones and if non-Verizon Android phones will be able to Skype video chat as well)
- 1GHz Snapdragon processor— Not dual core as rumored, but still mighty powerful.
- Dolby surround sound— For awesome sound
- Mobile hotspot– For sharing that 4G goodness with up to 8 other WiFi devices you own like your laptop or iTouch.
- 40 GB of storage out of the box!— We’re talking 8 GB built-in and an additional 32 GB(!) on a microSD card– and this is just for music, movies, apps etc. There also is a separate very solid 768 MB of RAM to keep things running fast and smooth.
And don’t forget– this still packs Verizon 4G (and 3G for places 4G isn’t available yet). This truly is some beast.
You can see more at HTC’s site here. Pricing and release info have yet to be announced, though we can expect this sometime in the first half of 2011 (anytime between January and June).
The second of Verizon’s 4G LTE phones, the LG Revolution is also loaded. Like the ThunderBolt, it’s got a 4.3 inch Super LCD screen, mobile hotspot support, Android 2.2, and Skype Mobile with video chat. The Revolution also has a 5 megapixel back camera with a second front one for video chat (though not at the same 1.3 megapixel as the ThunderBolt), 16 GB of built-in memory (upgradeable through microSD to 32 GB), and the latest Bluetooth 3.0. Other specs like processor haven’t yet been released, but we can assume it’s also got at least a 1 GHZ one.
All in all, not as powerful as the ThunderBolt it’s still pretty solid (and looks equally as awesome)! Like the ThunderBolt, no info on price and release have been announced, but this should also be out sometime between now and June.
Motorola Droid Bionic
This actually was the first announced 4G Verizon phone. And like it’s AT&T cousin the Atrix, this new Droid lives up well to its Droid legacy. Motorola really has gone all out here just like they did with the Atrix, and while not quite as powerful as that beast of a phone, Verizon users are also getting a pretty awesome device here. Look at the specs:
- 4.3 inch qHD screen— Just like the Atrix, this is said to be a ridiculous screen, like offering “HD quality graphics” screen.
- 1 GHZ Dual Core processor– Computer like power, offering up to 2 GHZ of power. Yeah, again like the Atrix, you’re getting computer like power in your pocket.
- 512 MB of DDR2 RAM— Not the 1 GB of DDR2 RAM found in the Atrix, but this is still ridiculously impressive and everything should run really fast and smoothly with this and the dual core processor (DDR2 means that its computer grade RAM in your phone).
- 8 megapixel back camera with dual LED flash and HD video recording and front camera for video chat
- Android 2.2
- Mobile Hotspot and Skype Mobile with Video chat— Like the above phones
- 16 GB of built-in memory
All this and that’s not to mention the 4G LTE! Yeah, pretty insane is right. Also expect this phone to come sometime between this month and June for a price to be determined.
Samsung Android 4G LTE Phone
The last of the big 4G phones, Samsung’s Android 4G LTE phone, while currently without any original or catchy name, also is quite the impressive phone. Like the LG Revolution, this bad boy also packs a 4.3 inch Super AMOLED Plus screen, 8 megapixel back camera with 1.3 megapixel front, Android 2.2 with the Skype Mobile video chat and Mobile Hotspot apps, and 1 GHZ processor. Not much else is known now, but it does have some solid potential and look for more info on it as well in that now through June time frame.
So that’s the latest of Verizon’s new 4G phones, and as you can see, if you’re looking for a new Verizon phone there is definitely enough here to wait for. We’ll of course keep you updated on all the latest on these, and we’ll have more on Verizon’s big 4G CES (including their 2 new tablets) soon. In the meantime, let us know your thoughts on these beasts in the comments.
Posted on January 7, 2011, in Cell Phones, CES 2011 and tagged 4g, 4g lte, Cell Phones, ces, ces 2011, droid, droid bionic, htc, lg revolution, lte, motorola, samsung, thunderbolt, verizon, verizon 4g, verizon ces. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.