More Xperia Play Details Leak– Coming to Verizon?
File this under MAJOR RUMOR. One of the bigger cell phone stores on the web, Wirefly.com, has today published some very interesting details about the Xperia Play— which some of you may know as the PlayStation Phone. And if this is true (which we are inclined to really believe it might be considering that these guys are one of the top sellers of phones online and would therefore have access to this type of info), boy would it answer a whole bunch of questions about this highly anticipated phone. In a comparison post with the Verizon iPhone 4, Wirefly revealed a whole bunch of never before seen details on the Xperia Play including some truly impressive specs such as:
- 4 inch high-resolution screen— This fits in with all the other rumors we’ve heard about the phone, and with a resolution of 854×480 expect games to look really awesome on here.
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread out of the box— Yes, this will be running the latest and greatest of Android for phones which is definitely something to get excited about because it’s the best version of Android for phones ever released (faster, updated Google Apps, support for game controllers *cough* *cough*)
- 1 GHZ processor with 512 MB of RAM— To make sure all those PlayStation games run smoothly.
- GPS and WiFi— With support for WiFi N networks and the ability to use the phone as a portable WiFi hotspot.
- 5 megapixel back camera with flash and HD video recording with second front camera for video chat— Just like the iPhone 4, Nexus S, Samsung Epic 4G etc.
- 8 GB of built-in memory with support for more via microSD card slot
Yeah, if true then it’s pretty solid indeed. Of course, many details such as price, release date and if it will be 3G only or support Verizon’s new 4G LTE network all have yet be revealed, but that hopefully will come on Sunday when Sony holds their MWC press conference. As always, we’ll have it all broken down for you right here, but assuming the above is true and that this is coming to Verizon, what will it be: iPhone 4 or PlayStation Phone?
Posted on February 9, 2011, in Cell Phones, Rumors, Video Games and tagged Cell Phones, iphone 4, mwc 2011, playstation phone, Rumors, sony, sony ericsson, verizon, Video Games, wirefly, xperia, xperia play. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.