BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 Announced– The Bold Touch Is Now Finally Official
It’s finally almost here. After months of leaks, the long-awaited BlackBerry Bold Touch is now finally official. Coming this summer, this new Bold looks to pick up as we all expected right where the previous Bold 9650/9700 (depending on if you are on Sprint/Verizon or AT&T/T-Mobile) left off.
As we all expected, this new Bold is pretty impressive and something any BlackBerry user (or wanter) should be excited for when they get to their time to upgrade. Not only is it the most powerful BlackBerry yet, but in our opinion the nicest looking one too! Just check out what’s in here:
- BlackBerry OS 7– Formerly known in the rumors as BlackBerry OS 6.1, this new OS includes updates to make using your BlackBerry much easier. Updates here include a better and faster browser, nicer looking icons and menus, and universal search and voice search for finding things on your phone. And for all those wondering if you can upgrade your current OS 6 running BlackBerry, RIM has said OS 7 will not work on older BlackBerry 6 phones only the new ones they release (like this Bold).
- 2.8 inch touchscreen with normal BlackBerry keyboard underneath– With a resolution of 640×480 everything– text, pix, videos, games, websites– will look incredible on here. And while it is a touchscreen (which we know some of you BlackBerry users might not want on your BlackBerry), it’s not a slider like the Torch and still has the trackpad and other BlackBerry buttons right below the screen and above that traditional, awesome BlackBerry keyboard so you can use it just like any other BlackBerry Bold.
- Crazy thin— This is one of the reasons we said we think it’s the best looking BlackBerry yet: just look how thin it is!
- 1.2 GHZ processor and 768 MB of RAM– Basically, this will be the fastest BlackBerry yet, by far.
- WiFi, GPS, and NFC— NFC, or near field communications, will allow you to do things like use your phone as a credit card (in a safe and secure way) or interact with ads or billboards (think of it like those QR codes you see everywhere just now without the need to take a picture of anything. You just tap it or go near it and it works).
- 5 megapixel camera with flash and HD video recording
Posted on May 2, 2011, in AT&T, Cell Phones, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon and tagged 4g, att, Blackberry, blackberry 4g, blackberry 7, Blackberry Bold, blackberry bold 4g, blackberry bold touch, blackberry world, bold touch, Cell Phones, hspa+, Sprint, t-mobile, tmobile, verizon, verizon wireless. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.